Translate

torsdag 14. mars 2013

Candy Crush

No need to say that there is hell lot of people here in China, Hong Kong, and the one thing everyone have in common, when going from destination A to B, is that E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E, goes face down and looking at their screen.

In this short stay, I noticed one particular game that goes around and looks like everyone has on their phone, Candy Crush Saga, a puzzle game where you match three or more "candies" of the same colors, and you can download the app/game for free.

People are so absorbed in this, that they repeatedly forget to get off the transport or see where they are going. Two times, I have been witness that people went on the glass/sliding door because they didn't look up, one that almost got hit by a car for walking on red, and another who broke his phone because of rage - my guess he lost the game.

Never heard of this game before I came here, despite the fact that it came out sometime in 2012. So imagine how surprised family and friends are, each time they hear that I don't have this game, when they ask what level I have come to.

After hearing the same similar question for 50ish time of why I haven't I started or why I should start and all, I ended up downloading that fucking game. Now I regret it.

At the start it seems like a good way to get the time to go while waiting for MTR (Mass Transit Railway), buses or whatever transport I need to take to get from A to B. While playing I can understand how people get addicted to it... before I know it I was suddenly at level 35, and to my disappointing, this image came up...

Screw you Candy Crush!!!
Here I thought that I have found a game that didn't need help from others to keep it going, or connect/synchronization with other social network service.

Can't stop now, can I? (- _-")

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar